This past weekend I stayed in because the doctor had told me that I couldn't drink if I wanted the pills to work. I think it was better that I stayed in anyways because we had a paper due for our theatre class on Monday which I finished on Friday night. Most people in the class ended up writing it late Sunday night. A bunch of people were also in Rome for the weekend so it was quiet on our floor as well. On Monday I took the last of my pills and even though I still have a disgusting cough sometimes, I feel much better. On Monday I also went to see a show called England People Very Nice that dealt with racism and immigration. It was an interesting play and has received a lot of critism because some view it as racist or discriminatory. I thought it okay, and I didn't get a lot of the jokes that they made because I didn't know the history of immigration here in London. I thought that it showed how many different ethnic groups all went through the same thing and how each time other ethnic groups were just as racist towards the incoming group as the people before them.
Yesterday and today I went to work and was able to make it through the whole day without getting sent home or to the doctors office! I'm about ready to start calling and visiting some of the places on my list of organizations. For those of you that don't know I'm researching organizations that have a support group for refugees/asylum seekers or women and then talking to them about how their support groups are run. This is because the Red Cross is hoping to modify, scrap or start a new women's support group. After I've visited a few places and called several others, I then compile the data into a report and if everything goes as planned towards the end of April I present my findings and my recommendation to the board of directors or whatever they are at the Red Cross headquarters.
Tonight I am going to a football (soccer) match with the group. It was an optional activity but since I'm too cheap to fork over an arm and a leg to see a Manchester United game, I figured 10 pounds to go see a premiership league game isn't too bad and might be the only chance I get to see a game while I'm here. (the premiership league is the league that Manchester plays in, it's the top league in the country. Usually Central doesn't go to a Premiership league game because it's too expensive and instead to go a lower level league game, but we were somehow able to get discount tickets to the game). I'm really excited to see the game. Hopefully it will be a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment