Today, I went to a training for the British Red Cross called Refugee Awareness Training. Before I got there, I had to create an IAP (Individual Action Plan). It felt weird to create an IAP for myself, I mean, I've created IAP's for some of my clients at ABC in the past, but never for myself. I thought it was going to be 6 hours of boredom and dreaded going, but I really enjoyed the training. It was interesting to learn about the difference between Refugees and Asylum Seekers as well as legislation that benefits refugees and asylum seekers that has been passed in the UK. It was interesting to learn about how the Red Cross actually helps refugees and what kind of services they provide. For lunch I recieved a voucher to eat in the cafeteria, which had really good food. I tried a potato gnocci and I throughly enjoyed it. I meet a lot of really cool people from all over the UK who work for the Red Cross. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would enjoy it and found it interesting to learn about refugees and asylum seekers. Pop quiz: What group of people are most likely to be overstayers (staying past their visa's experation date)?
The answer: College Students. Anyways, I thought that was an interesting fact that you would enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment