I think I forgot to mention this so for those of you that don't know, I got picked to be an RA which means that I cover reception one day a week for an hour during the manager's lunch break and I also clean up the kitchen that night. Anyways, my first day as an RA was Thurdsay (the 5th) and it seems relatively easy.
Yesterday we went on a trip to Greenwich since it was an assignment for one of our classes. Greenwich used to be a sleeper community outside of London then as London grew it became a suburb of London. We took a river boat up the Thames in order to get there. It was really cool to see everything from the water, it was also really cold so we said inside the boat where it was heated. Once we got to Greenwich we went to the Greenwich Observatory where the Prime Meridan is located. It was, in it's own nerdy way, cool to be standing in two hemispheres at once. I even jumped over the line a few times going "eastern hemisphere, western hemisphere" and of course took my picture straddling the line. Then we were told we could do whatever we liked for the day so a group of us went to the National Maritime Museum. I thought it would be boring and dorky but I actually learned some really cool facts and played with the wave machine and had fun there. Then we went to a really good Mexican restaurant well we were there. Then we took the light rail back into London where we took the tube the rest of the way back to our house. Then I spent the rest of the day simply hanging out with friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment