Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. There hasn't been really anything exciting to report and I'm sure you don't care what times I woke up the past few days and that I just hung out around the Vandon House. Monday I had my first day of classes and my theatre class sounds like it will be the most interesting class that I'm taking. On Tuesday I did go to a karoke bar and sang Summer Days from Grease, we weren't that good. Yesterday, I went to two open air markets one that people were trying to get you to buy stuff down every aisle and there were stranger people and things to buy like hemp. I felt a little uncomfortable there and there was also a guy that talked to the group of us that went for a few minutes, he was kind of funny but a little creepy. He offered to give us rides to different places around the UK, don't worry we declined. Then we went to another market where the people were more laid back. We visited this small little puppet theatre store on our way out of the market. There was also a guy who was singing opera songs on the street. He was really good and there was also people doing magic tricks on the street as well, that was cool to watch. On our way back to the Vandon House we stopped at the King's Cross train station and checked out platform 9 3/4. Later that night we went to go see a play called Spring Awakening at the Lyric Theatre for class. A play review will be up sometime soon. Today I started my internship. It sounds like it will be fun, I get to research mainly about women refugees and find local support groups. The people seemed nice but they didn't really talk to me since it was my first day and they didn't really know me. Tomorrow we leave for York, so I don't know what sort of access to the internet I'll have but I'll tell you all about it when I get back.

2 comments:

  1. platform 9 3/4? that's where the hobbits crossed into... narnia...
    :) i miss london so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saw Spring Awakening?!? Was it the play or the musical? Basically, when I saw that, I immediately cried, "I hate you!" in a Christian Bale-Batman voice. I don't really hate you, I'm just uber-jealous!

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete