Monday, January 19, 2009
I'm in London. I made it just fine. My flight was delayed because of a noise curfew here in London and our plane would have arrived before the curfew ended. We then got stuck waiting to land in London for a half hour. The guy in front of me kept adjusting his seat every two minutes, so I didn't get a whole lot of sleep on the plane. The plane was really cool everyone had their own personal screen on the front of the seat and you could pick from about 30 movies from all different genres. I watched The Notebook and part of Cars. My roommate, Anna, was on the same flight as me, so we made sure we went through customs and stuff together. Our shuttle driver who took us to Vandon house was really funny. He told us when we were passing some place important (Harrod's and the Natural History Museum with a skating rink out front) and gave us some advice (if we want to get somewhere fast, take the underground, if we want see more of London, take the bus). We are in a really great location--Buckingham Palace is literally our backyard. Westminister Abbey and Parliament are just a little ways down the road, Anna and I explored the area already. The architecture is so amazing here that we were both just in awe of our surroundings. The area in which we live is one of the safest areas of London--Scotland Yard is just up the road. Meet some of the other Central Abroad students, they all seem really nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment