Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Czech Republic

This past weekend, I went to the Czech Republic. I flew into Prague and then had to take a train to a city called Olomouce (pronounced ol-um-oats). I have a friend who's studying abroad there, so she met me at the train station at around 1 am on Saturday morning. That day we walked around the city and and saw basically everything there was to see there, which is a bunch of churches and fountains. It's interesting that they have churches galore because the Czech Republic is the country with the most Atheists in Europe (and maybe the world...but I'm not sure). A week before I arrived in Czech Republic the country had just ousted their current government through a coup (I think). Many of the young people in Czech want Communism to come back to the country. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that as the prime minister from Czech Republic is the EU president until June. It will be interesting to see what happens if they become communist and how that affects their member status in the EU. I missed my flight from Prague to London and had to sit in the airport for about 6 hours to get another flight back to London on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment